Patriotic Poke Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 25 Min
Need a dynamite cake recipe that'll cause fireworks at your table? Then show your patriotic colors with our deliciously, easy Patriotic Poke Cake. And if you've never made a poke cake before, once you try it, you'll be hooked!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1/3 cup strawberry syrup
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 1/3 cup blueberry syrup
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
What To Do:
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. Bake according to package directions; let cool 15 minutes.
- Using a straw or wooden spoon handle, poke about 15 holes randomly over each cake layer.
- In a measuring cup, combine strawberry syrup with red food color. Slowly pour strawberry syrup into holes of 1 cake layer. Repeat with blueberry syrup in remaining cake layer. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving platter and frost with whipped topping. Place second cake layer on top and frost top and sides with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve, then garnish with strawberries and blueberries.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 18 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Easter Bunny Cake
- Italian Cream Cake
- Tropical Fruit Dump Cake
- Orange Dream Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Torte
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Lemon Pudding Cake
- Cake Mix Recipes: 39 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake