Potato Spinach Lasagna
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This dish is sort of like a mashup between scalloped potatoes and your favorite vegetarian lasagna. It's a Potato Spinach Lasagna, and it features layers of hearty sliced potatoes and lots of yummy cheese and sauce!
What You'll Need
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 pounds Idaho potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then cut again lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (24-ounce) jar prepared pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, cook spinach according to package directions, about 5 minutes; drain and squeeze out excess liquid. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potato slices and olive oil; toss to coat. Add garlic, oregano, basil, and salt; toss to coat.
- In prepared casserole dish, coat bottom with 1/3 sauce, 1/3 potatoes, 1/3 spinach, 1/3 Parmesan, and 1/3 mozzarella. Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Check This Out!
- For more easy potato recipes, try our Anytime Potatoes, our Better Cheddar Potato Bake, or our Best Mashed Potatoes Ever!
- How about more spinach recipes? Make our Autumn Creamed Spinach, our Garlic Shrimp and Spinach, or our Creamy Spinach Casserole.
- We love casseroles. You'll love our Amish Country Casserole, our Frontier Chicken & Noodle Casserole, or our Golden Squash Casserole!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 420
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 6.5g 32 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 20g 41 %
- Cholesterol 30mg 10 %
- Sodium 1,263mg 53 %
- Total Carbohydrates 49g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.2g 37 %
- Sugars 9.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't have to wait for an invitation to enjoy this bean soup! Inspired by the one that's been served at the Senate Dining Room since the early 20th century, our U.S. Senate Bean Soup is a true winner. Between the rich broth, the chunks of smoky ham, and the tender-cooked beans, it's hard to choose what we love best about it!