Grandma Irma's Red Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Grandma Irma's Red Cabbage packs a flavorful and crunchy punch. This taste bud-pleasing side dish cooks up easily in a slow cooker, and goes with just about any main dish you want to pair it with!
What You'll Need
- 1 red cabbage, shredded (about 2-3/4 pounds)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
What to Do
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 3-1/2 hours, or until liquid is absorbed and cabbage is tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
Using a slow cooker makes cooking vegetables a snap! Your gang is also sure to love our recipe for Creamy Corn for a Crowd!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 710
- Calories from Fat 665
- Total Fat 74g 114 %
- Saturated Fat 47g 233 %
- Trans Fat 3.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.6g 5 %
- Cholesterol 195mg 65 %
- Sodium 915mg 38 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 8.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What makes this brisket recipe so simple? The fact that your slow cooker does all the work, and we think that's just great! Now you don't need a special occasion to make fork tender brisket and we can bet your family will be very happy about that