Summer Chicken Pot Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're taking a comfort food classic you love and giving it a makeover with our simple dinner recipe for Summer Chicken Pot Pie.
What You'll Need:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, divided
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 zucchini, cut into quarters, then cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 (15-ounce) package rolled refrigerated pie crusts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add red pepper, onion, zucchini, mushrooms, sage, onion powder, salt, and pepper; cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until just tender, stirring occasionally. Remove vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly add milk, then broth, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat then add chicken and vegetables to gravy.
- Unroll 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Spoon chicken mixture into crust. Unroll second crust and place over chicken mixture. Pinch together and trim edges to seal, then flute. Using a sharp knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until heated through and crust is golden. Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.