Chocolate Bacon & Sea Salt Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When it comes to recipes with bacon, desserts might not be the first thing to come to mind, but if you've never tried bacon with chocolate before, then you're in for a real treat! Our Chocolate Bacon & Sea Salt Cupcakes are dance-in-circles good. It's the perfect combo of sweet and salty! Plus, they're sure to get a ton of attention at the next get-together!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup caramel dessert topping
What to Do
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper baking cups, and coat with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, beat together all ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth, stopping to scrape bowl as needed. Spoon batter evenly into baking cups, filling each two-thirds full.
3. Bake 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks, and cool 1 hour or until completely cool.
4. Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Sprinkle with bacon, drizzle with caramel, and top with some sea salt.
- For more scrumptious recipes with bacon, check out our Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich -- it's perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even brinner! Or, to take your sloppy Joe's from kid's only, to the new weeknight favorite, check out our Bacon-Barbecue Joe!
- Need some cupcake inspiration? What's the occasion? We bet we've got a recipe for it. We've got Game Day Cupcakes that will have everyone cheering, or, if you want to have a bit of fun, check out these Spring Flower Cupcakes and our Corn on the Cob Cupcakes!
- And yes, we have more bacon dessert recipes for you! Like our 5-star Bacon Candy Crack-Up and this super moist Maple-Bacon Ooey Gooey Butter Cake!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 228
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 4.3g 21 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 3.1g 6 %
- Cholesterol 33mg 11 %
- Sodium 276mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 33g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 21g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.