Rosemary Biscuits & Country Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna get your gang to the table for breakfast? Just tell them you're making this classic Southern dish and they'll come runnin'! Our Rosemary Biscuits & Country Gravy are to die for, y'all.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 9 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 (16-ounce) package hot pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups milk
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine self-rising flour and rosemary. Cut 5 tablespoons butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly; add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Place skillet in oven 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat or roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-inch round cutter. Remove skillet from oven and place dough rounds in skillet.
- Bake 14 minutes, or until just lightly browned. Melt remaining butter and brush over biscuits.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage 6 to 8 minutes or until no pink remains, stirring to crumble sausage. Add all-purpose flour; mix well. Add Worcestershire sauce and milk; mix well. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until gravy thickens, stirring constantly. Serve over biscuits.
If you don't have a cast-iron skillet, use a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Wanna try another tasty biscuit option? Our Bacon Biscuit Cups are irresistible!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!
- Fried Cornmeal Mush
- Quiche Italiano
- Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person
- Easy-Breezy Brunch: 26 Easy Brunch Recipes for Any Occasion
- Strawberry and Cream Roll Ups
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Sausage and Egg Muffins
- Layered Amish Breakfast Bake
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Amish Cooking: 8 Amish Recipes for Breakfast