Spring Fling Brunch Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When spring is in swing there's nothing quite like a good brunch with friends and family. So, we decided to create something that's easy to make for any time you want to brunch it up, but also fancy enough for special occasions like Easter and Mother's Day. Our Spring Fling Brunch Squares are protein-packed with flavorful eggs and breakfast sausage, but this recipe really comes together between layers of phyllo dough that are perfectly crisp and flaky. It's an all-occasion brunch recipe everyone will spring into action for.
What You'll Need
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 precooked sausage patties, chopped
- 1 cup chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 stick butter, melted, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package frozen phyllo dough, thawed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and milk; mix until smooth. Add eggs, the salt, and pepper, and mix until well combined. Stir in sausage and broccoli. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter; add egg mixture and scramble until set. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheddar cheese; set aside.
- Brush a thin layer of melted butter over the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Carefully unroll the phyllo dough sheets onto a flat work surface. Remove one sheet of phyllo dough and place it on the bottom of the baking dish, trimming edges if necessary to fit baking dish. Brush the top of the phyllo dough lightly with butter. Repeat with 7 more sheets of phyllo, brushing each with butter.
- Spread the scrambled egg mixture over the phyllo dough. Place a sheet of phyllo on top of the mixture and lightly brush with butter. Repeat 7 more times, brushing each phyllo sheet with butter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and crisp. Cut into squares and serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- For a beautiful and tasty addition to your brunch menu, check out our Sunrise Mimosas! To add even more sunshine to your day, make sure you try our Pomegranate Sunrise recipe too!
- If you're looking for something special for Mom on her special day, check out our collection of Mother's Day Brunch Recipes! Plus, check out on of our favorites: Mother's Day Hash Brown Waffle Supreme!
- What do you think of this recipe? Tell us in the comments below!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more great brunch ideas download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 284
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 22g 34 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 58 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 11g 21 %
- Cholesterol 177mg 59 %
- Sodium 404mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 1.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.