Homemade Glazed Doughnuts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna really show off? Make your own doughnuts using our easy recipe for Homemade Glazed Doughnuts! Once you taste these doughnuts fresh out of the pan, store-bought will be a thing of the past!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 1 (7.5-ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and water; mix well to make glaze, and set aside.
- In a soup pot, heat 1 inch of oil over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Separate the biscuits and lay flat on a cutting board. Using an apple corer or a sharp knife, cut out a small circle in the center of each biscuit, forming doughnut shapes.
- Cook in batches in the hot oil for about 1 minute per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- While still hot, dip doughnuts in glaze, turning to coat completely. Place on a wire rack that has been placed over a baking sheet to allow excess glaze to drip off. Serve warm.
- For chocolate-glazed doughnuts, add 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa to the glaze. Don't forget to cook the donut "holes," too!
- If you enjoyed this Homemade Glazed Doughnuts recipe, check out these 8 easy recipes for homemade doughnuts!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!