Last Minute Applesauce Dessert
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 (1/2-inch) slice of cake per serving, 2 tablespoons of applesauce
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Need a dessert in a hurry? Here's one that's super-quick and delicious, but the best part is... you don't really have to make anything! Just combine all the elements and you have a yummy dessert with a pretty presentation. That's why we call it Last Minute Applesauce Dessert!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 (1/2-inch) slices pound cake
- Whipped cream for garnish
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine applesauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and lemon juice; mix well.
- Toast pound cake slices until golden brown on both sides. Put on serving plates and top with applesauce mixture.
- Garnish with whipped cream and serve.
Check This Out!
- If you have some extra time, try making a homemade pound cake! Spoon the applesauce mixture over our Old Fashioned Pound Cake, or mix it up with one of our 10 Perfectly Pleasing Pound Cake Recipes!
- For more last minute desserts, try "That Cherry Stuff", or one of our Tempting & easy Trifle Recipes!
- Want more fun with apples? Try our Chunky Applesauce recipe, and for a dinner option try this Brady Bunch classic, Pork Chops & Applesauce!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!