Greek Style Baked Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll think you're on a Mediterranean getaway with this tasty dish! Finished in under 30 minutes, this is sure to be a great addition to your dinner rotation!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 1/2-inch thick) boneless loin pork chops (about 6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup crumbles feta cheese
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata or ripe black olives, chopped
What to Do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside. Combine flour, salt, and black pepper in a large resealable plastic freezer bag. Add pork chops; seal and shake to coat.
Melt butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat (see Note). Add chops; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Spoon reserved bell pepper mixture evenly over chops.
Bake in skillet, covered, 5 minutes or until done. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
If you don't have a cast iron skillet, wrap the handle of a large nonstick skillet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. This should make your regular skillet safe for a quick stint in the oven.
You can learn how to make all of your favorite pork dinners with our free eCookbook, Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More.
- Interested in trying other Greek recipes? Then you'll love our Athenian Pasta Salad and Easy Moussaka.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 281
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 16g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 6.5g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 22g 45 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 809mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 1.0g 0 %