Balsamic Flank Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Let's get back to our roots with an old steak favorite! The perfectly flavorful marriage of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and Dijon mustard, along with a few fresh herbs and spices, makes lively marinade for our grilling favorite: Flank steak! Our Balsamic Flank Steak is a juicy, flavor-packed steak that will really shake up dinnertime.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-1/2- to 2-pound) beef flank steak
What to Do
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients except steak; mix well.
- Score steak on both sides by making shallow diagonal cuts 1-1/2 inches apart, creating a criss-cross pattern. Place steak in bag, seal, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight, turning bag over occasionally.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Remove steak from marinade and discard excess marinade. Grill steak 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until center is cooked to medium.
- Allow steak to rest 5 minutes before slicing on an angle across the grain. Serve and enjoy.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.