Cedar Plank Salmon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Once you've made this salmon cooked on a cedar plank, you'll never want to eat salmon any other way! It's easy to make, juicy and packed with flavor.
What You'll Need
- 1 untreated cedar plank (about 14" x 17" x 1/2")
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (2-pound) salmon fillet (1 inch thick), skin removed
What to Do
- Completely immerse cedar plank in water, placing a weight on top to keep it totally covered. Soak at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil; set aside.
- Remove plank from water. Place salmon on plank; place on grill and close lid. Grill 10 minutes then brush salmon with dressing mixture. Close lid and grill 10 more minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Cedar planks get very hot when grilling, so:
- Do not leave grill unattended.
- Always keep a spray bottle of water on hand in case of flare-ups.
- Use long-handled grill tongs to remove plank from grill.
- Once cool, properly dispose of planks.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 256
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 2.1g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 32g 63 %
- Cholesterol 70mg 23 %
- Sodium 318mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 3.4g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 2.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The glaze in this flavor-packed pork dish is made with an ingredient you may have never tried before. This ingredient adds a slightly salty, Asian flair to dishes and is great for cooking with, as well as dipping into. You'll have to try our recipe for Skillet Glazed Pork to see for yourself!