Cedar Plank Salmon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Once you've made this salmon cooked on a cedar plank, you'll never want to eat salmon any other way! It's easy to make, juicy and packed with flavor.
What You'll Need
- 1 untreated cedar plank (about 14" x 17" x 1/2")
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (2-pound) salmon fillet (1 inch thick), skin removed
What to Do
- Completely immerse cedar plank in water, placing a weight on top to keep it totally covered. Soak at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil; set aside.
- Remove plank from water. Place salmon on plank; place on grill and close lid. Grill 10 minutes then brush salmon with dressing mixture. Close lid and grill 10 more minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Cedar planks get very hot when grilling, so:
- Do not leave grill unattended.
- Always keep a spray bottle of water on hand in case of flare-ups.
- Use long-handled grill tongs to remove plank from grill.
- Once cool, properly dispose of planks.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 256
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 2.1g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 32g 63 %
- Cholesterol 70mg 23 %
- Sodium 318mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 3.4g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 2.5g 0 %