Chop Chop Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup per serving
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
This crunchy and good-tasting chopped salad is always a hit because of the combo of textures and flavors. Chop Chop Salad goes with everything from a picnic sandwich to a weeknight main dish.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and finely diced (see Tip)
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, mint, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss to mix well.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- To seed a cucumber, just slice it in half lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds with a melon baller or a spoon. And while you're at it, why not hollow out some tomatoes to serve this in? Then you'll have a side dish that's also a pretty, edible garnish.
- For more summer salads, try our Best Broccoli Salad or our Summer Potato Salad!
- Plus, you'll love our Fresh Chunky Salsa, and all of these Homemade Salsa Recipes.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.