Shrimp Fried Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Now you can make Shrimp Fried Rice, a famous -- and famously delectable -- Chinese take-out dish, right at home. And when your friends and family try it, they'll think you ordered from the most authentic Chinese restaurant in town!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add rice, and saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth; bring to a boil over high heat. Turn off heat, cover, and let sit 5 to 7 minutes, or until broth has been absorbed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, and cook over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, or until heated through and liquid is absorbed. Serve immediately.
Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're wanting an easy, savory recipe, then it's time to rustle up our Hillbilly One Pot. It's loaded with ground beef, black eyed peas, and other ingredients that will bring the flavors of the South to your kitchen! Know what's great about one pot recipes? Clean up is a breeze, which means our Hillbilly One Pot allows you more time to spend with the family. It's a budget-friendly, all-in-one recipe you have to try!