Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's something about a tuna casserole that always takes us back to our childhood. It was one of Mom's specialties, and boy did she make it look simple! Luckily, our easy tuna filled version of Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole is so creamy and delicious, you'll want to make it again and again. Plus, just like Mom used to do with her perfect tuna mixture - we snuck in the peas!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (12-ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can chunk tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely crushed potato chips
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray.
Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain.
In a large bowl, combine soup and milk; mix well. Add noodles, tuna, peas, butter, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish then top evenly with potato chips.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through. Serve immediately.
- If you liked this weeknight dinner recipe, be sure to check out our Pork Chop Casserole, Easy Beefy Casserole, or Quick Chicken Marsala!
- We've got loads more easy noodle casseroles, from beef to chicken, vegetarian and more! Check it out! Or check out some of our favorite old-fashioned recipes for more classic hits.
- Don't forget to check out our other tuna noodle casseroles (below) and this amazing collection of Homestyle Tuna Casserole Recipes!
|Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole|
- Did You Know?: In the 1950s, many Americans were looking for quick and easy ways to feed their family for cheap. The Tuna Noodle Casserole was created to be a simple dinner that's quick and budget-friendly. Since its beginnings, tuna noodle casserole has become a very popular dinner recipe across the United States. The basic requirements for a tuna noodle casserole recipe include a can of tuna, a can of vegetables, a can of soup and a package of egg noodles. Other tuna noodle casserole recipes add-ins range from chopped mushrooms and onions to frozen peas or shredded cheddar cheese. Our recipe for Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole is an old-fashioned version just like the one we grew up with. Pull this bubblin' hot casserole out of the oven and the gang will surely say, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!®"
How do you make your tuna noodle casserole recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!