Chicken Taco Salad Bowl
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With the help of your air fryer you can make this trendy restaurant salad at home. These air fryer taco bowls are loaded with yummy seasoned chicken and a bunch of taco salad fixin's. But what makes this salad unique is that it's served in an edible tortilla bowl. So the next time you're craving a fancy taco salad, skip going to the restaurant and break out the air fryer!
What You'll Need
- 2 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking Spray
- Seasoning Blend
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Salad Ingredients
- 1 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, pitted and cut into chunks
What to Do
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F. Lightly spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in air fryer basket so that it forms a bowl. (How high it comes up the sides will vary based on the size of your air fryer. The one in the photo was made in a 3.4-quart air fryer.) Place a foil ring inside the tortilla, to help it hold its shape. Air-fry 4 minutes, remove foil ring, turn tortilla bowl over, and continue to cook 2 minutes or until crispy. Repeat with second tortilla.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine Seasoning Blend ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with seasoning blend. Coat basket with cooking spray, place chicken in basket, and air-fry 12 to 13 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Let cool, then cut into slices or chunks (that’s up to you).
- Divide lettuce evenly into tortilla bowls. Top with black beans, corn, tomato, cheese, onion, avocado, and chicken.
- We like to dress our salad with a semi-homemade dressing. To make it, just mix together 1/2 cup of ranch dressing with 1 to 2 tablespoons of hot sauce.
- For more easy taco recipes with a twist, make our Fast Taco Pie, or our Taco Steak Salad!
- Need something sweet for your fiesta? Make our Mexican Chocolate Cake!
- Love these air fryer taco bowls? Try more of our air fryer recipes, like this Cracker-Crusted Mac 'n' Cheese, or these Crazy-Good Catfish Tacos!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!