Spuds 'n' Spinach Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 cups
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 cups
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
There's just something about a homemade soup recipe that brings warm and cozy feelings. Our Spuds 'n' Spinach Soup is no exception! The creamy, hearty texture will warm you from the inside out, and while we know this is perfect for St. Patrick's Day, we also know it makes a heartwarming meal any day of the week.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion and carrots, sautéing 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Add chicken broth and potatoes; bring to a boil.
- Let mixture boil 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- For more yummy homemade soup recipes, check out our Super Creamy Mushroom Soup, and for something that'll shake up your lunch menu, try our Macaroni and Cheese Soup!
- If you're anything like us, then you want to sop up as much of the broth as you can! Well we've got the perfect dippers, like our Parmesan Onion Board, or, if you're looking to complete your St. Patrick's Day menu, whip up this Irish Soda Bread!
- Speaking of St. Patrick's Day, why not wow the crowd with a scrumptious dessert like our "Luck of the Irish" Cake, this fun Rainbow Bark, or our 5-star Pot of Gold dessert!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 213
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 3.7g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.7g 9 %
- Cholesterol 18mg 6 %
- Sodium 483mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 33g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.9g 20 %
- Sugars 3.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.