Crispy Oven-Fried Drumsticks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've come up with a healthier version of one of our favorite chicken recipes with this one for Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken! This is the kind of homemade "fried" chicken recipe you can feel good about feeding your family: easy, tasty, and best of all, not greasy.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to teaspoon ground red pepper (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds), skinless
- Cooking spray
- Ranch dressing (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large resealable plastic freezer bag; seal and shake well to combine.
- Pour buttermilk into a shallow bowl. Dip 2 drumsticks in buttermilk, and place in bag. Seal and shake well, coating drumsticks completely. Place drumsticks on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining drumsticks. Sprinkle remaining cornflake mixture evenly over drumsticks on baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until drumsticks are well browned and done. Serve immediately. Serve with Ranch dressing, if desired.
- No messy frying here! These are 'oven-fried.' The cereal gives these drumsticks their crunchy coating. Go for the 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper for more spice, but for the kiddos, you might want to stick to 1/4 teaspoon. Don't forget the ranch dressing for dipping!
- Don't forget to add a side of Southern Slaw or Classic Mashed Potatoes with this crispy chicken drumstick recipe!
- Want more ideas for how to cook your chicken drumsticks? Check out our collection of Simple Chicken Drumstick Recipes!
- If you're looking for more appetizers to serve up at a party, check out our recipes for Chicken Egg Rolls and Bite-Sized Cheese Rollups.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 558
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 3.9g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 52g 104 %
- Cholesterol 214mg 71 %
- Sodium 1,139mg 47 %
- Total Carbohydrates 59g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 8.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spice to your life with our recipe for Sriracha Short Ribs! These short ribs are cooked till they're fall-apart tender and then slathered with a delicious sauce made from Sriracha sauce, honey, and lime juice. The results are absolutely mouthwatering!