Crispy Oven-Fried Drumsticks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've come up with a healthier version of one of our favorite chicken recipes with this one for Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken! This is the kind of homemade "fried" chicken recipe you can feel good about feeding your family: easy, tasty, and best of all, not greasy.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to teaspoon ground red pepper (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds), skinless
- Cooking spray
- Ranch dressing (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large resealable plastic freezer bag; seal and shake well to combine.
- Pour buttermilk into a shallow bowl. Dip 2 drumsticks in buttermilk, and place in bag. Seal and shake well, coating drumsticks completely. Place drumsticks on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining drumsticks. Sprinkle remaining cornflake mixture evenly over drumsticks on baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until drumsticks are well browned and done. Serve immediately. Serve with Ranch dressing, if desired.
- No messy frying here! These are 'oven-fried.' The cereal gives these drumsticks their crunchy coating. Go for the 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper for more spice, but for the kiddos, you might want to stick to 1/4 teaspoon. Don't forget the ranch dressing for dipping!
- Don't forget to add a side of Southern Slaw or Classic Mashed Potatoes with this crispy chicken drumstick recipe!
- Want more ideas for how to cook your chicken drumsticks? Check out our collection of Simple Chicken Drumstick Recipes!
- If you're looking for more appetizers to serve up at a party, check out our recipes for Chicken Egg Rolls and Bite-Sized Cheese Rollups.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 558
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 3.9g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 52g 104 %
- Cholesterol 214mg 71 %
- Sodium 1,139mg 47 %
- Total Carbohydrates 59g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 8.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.